🌈 intro 🌈
OKEY INTRO POST TYME....... 😏
i am nic and i hve been on masto before but then i kinda disappeared from the interwebs for like months and now im back bcus ws bullied by bf @alex
Well. I Love You All . That is it n i wnt to make friend
i am nb and bi.... my pronouns r they/them, but people who r close to me cn use he/him... Thanx for havin me i am weird kind of but an epic weird
- IS complicated
- IS NOT "almost impossibly" complicated
- DOES NOT support searchability that twitter users expect
- SHOULD NOT support the searchability twitter users expect, because that's not the point
nearly everybody who writes about mastodon says "I couldn't find ..."
The tip is, if you want to k ow something, ASK about it instead of being mad there isn't a global search feature because that's really not what masto is about
sexual violence, rape, prisons (2/2)
3. Changing our society, getting rid of patriarchy and rape culture is the only thing that is actually going to make us safer.
4. Transformative justice solutions are not about forgiveness or allowing a rapist to return to their old life. They often involve neither. These processes are about changing the behavior of person who has done harm and figuring out what went wrong in the community that allowed the harm to take place at all.
sexual violence, rape, prisons (1/2)
imo, conversations on rapists & prison abolition should, consist of 4 elements:
1. Very few rapists go to prison and the punishment system shows itself every day to be spectacularly incapable of stopping rape. It just isn’t working.
2. In the rare cases when rapists do go to prison, all this does is expose them to a lot of people (the other prisoners) who have less rights and can’t leave. We only consider this safety if we don’t think prisoners as people.
And this is also about quality of life now.
Although obviously a lot of people stay in shitty relationships for the wrong reasons,
There is also something incredibly valuable in having people around who have known you for decades.
And many of us never experience that. We've learned how to stick up for ourselves and how to let go, but we didn't learn enough about how to resolve conflicts and re-connect.
With the capitalist-defined hallmarks of adulthood (stable employment, car, non-shared housing) often beyond our reach,
And amatonormative hallmarks of adulthood (monogamy, marriage, nuclear families) often deliberately rejected
A huge challenge is building the kind of stable connections that lasts through the decades into old age, with it's looming isolation.
We may think it won't happen to us, but so did our queer elders, many of whom now face loneliness and lack of a support system.
Welcome to EFDN, a little instance without any real specific interest, just being another node in the Fediverse!
-Good custom emojis, like Fat Pikachu, Hee Ho, Shrek Todd Howard and more!
-Running glitch-soc, a version of Mastodon with more features, like doodles and local only posts!
-The server is named Gregory